Guggenheim - An algorithm for a perfectly balanced Gallery for Kirby

Ok, this is not a problem with Guggenheim, your tag is printed as text. That shouldā€™ve been part of your error description. Do you use the kirbytext() method to render your content?

<?= $page->text()->kirbytext() ?>

This is what i have now:

<div class="post">
        			<?= $page->introtekst()->kirbytext() ?>
</div>

The strange thing is that Kirby prints the tag as if it didnā€™t exist. While I canā€™t get the plugin to show any images myself, at least the tag isnā€™t printed. I only get the empty div like in. your first post (canā€™t see that in your source code, though)?

if i use this in my post: (gallery: image: img_0131-1.jpg | image: img_0138-1.jpg), the text is not displayed in my post, but the code is visible in the source code.

But if i use the code that is shown on the github page: (gallery: img_0131-1.jpg, img_0138-1.jpg), i see the code on my page and nothing in my source code.

Ok, there seems to be a problem with the code, it seems. I could solve it by modifiying line #264 (in my version)

foreach ($urlsArr as $key => $url) {
                        $file = $tag->file($url);
                        if(!f::exists($file)) continue; // this line
                        $filesArr[] = $file;
                }

to:

if(!$file) continue; // to this
                        $filesArr[] = $file;
                }

In guggenheim.php?

This is what i can find in my file, starting on line 270:

if ($file == null || $file == '') continue;
            $filesArr[] = $file;
        }

If i change that to your code, it does not change anything.

I just bought the plugin this morning, so it is almost impossible that i have an old version or something right?

Ok, looks like you have a different version than me.

Thanks for your help!
Iā€™m going to look for a different option for my gallery.

Cheers!

I suggest you contact @JimmyRittenborg directly, Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™ll help you out. After all, you bought the plugin.

@JimmyRittenborg Do you still support this plugin?

I had this exact problem last year. Which version of PHP is your server running?
I found out that the plugin would not run on a server running PHP 5.4 but it worked fine when I ran it on PHP 7+

You can figure out your PHP version by echoing out this line:
echo 'Server is running: ' . phpversion();

If you are unable to change servers or upgrade your PHP version, maybe Jimmy can help you out.

1 Like

Oh wow, thanks for your input on this.
I checked: Current PHP version: 5.4.45, so that seems to be the problem then.
Iā€™m going to check if i can upgrade easily on my host.

Thanks!!

Youā€™re welcome :slight_smile:
Maybe there is a way to get it working on 5.4 but in my case, upgrading was an easy fix.

I upgraded to 7.0 and now it works!
Thanks everybody for your help!

1 Like

Iā€™m always surprised to still find PHP 5.4 aroundā€¦

Sorry for being late at the party here guys :flushed: Huge thanks for helping out, the Kirby Community is so strong!

@jwb Iā€™m happy to hear that you got it working, running on PHP 7+ isnā€™t that bad after all either :fire::raised_hands:t2:

@texnixe your version is slightly different as Iā€™ve since fixed an issue when processing a picture which doesnā€™t exists, so Iā€™m still supporting and maintaining it, I just didnā€™t send out an update as I thought the fix was pretty minor and havenā€™t had the issue reported from anywhere else so I want to bundle up some more changes and ease of use for the next one :v:ļø

1 Like

@JimmyRittenborg At least it reminded me that I still had this license I never used for anything else than support purposes :wink: Time to use it in a project.

Hi!

@JimmyRittenborg do you still support the plugin? And do you have any plans to port it over to Kirby 3? And/or what other options would there be?