File/folder structure for putting weblog on homepage

No, thatā€™s a misunderstanding. It has been said ā€œinside the loopā€, hence it should look like

<?php foreach($page->children()->listed()->flip() as $article): ?>

<article>
  <?= $article->text()->kirbytext() ?>
  <time><?= $article->published()->toDate('d.m.Y') ?></time>
</article>

<?php endforeach ?>

Thank you for the clarification, Iā€™m new to PHP.

I modified the code as you put it, but Iā€™m still not getting my test entry to show up.

In your default.php template, before you call the article snippet, please do a

<?php dump($page->children()->listed()) ?>

In terms of getting the test post to display, that technically worked. However, now my CSS seems to be broken, so itā€™s just a white unstyled page with elements from the Starterkit theme showing up on the page that previously were not showing up (Starterkitā€™s favicons in my navbar, the ā€œMade with Kirbyā€ footer and its links, etc.)

Iā€™m also seeing this bit of code in the space above where my test post displays:

Kirby\Cms\Pages Object
(
    [0] => home/test-post-1
)

I definitely need to go through the folders and delete the rest of the Starterkit stuff that I donā€™t want or need, but Iā€™m not sure if thatā€™ll fix the CSS not working. Iā€™ll also look into seeing if I can download the blank theme through CPanel in case itā€™s easier to just save my files Iā€™ve made so far and start the site again from scratch.

If you have other tips or suggestions, Iā€™m all ears.

P.S. - default.php currently looks like this:

<?php snippet('header') ?>

<main>    
		<?php dump($page->children()->listed()) ?>
		<?php snippet('article') ?> 
  </main>

<?php snippet('footer') ?>

</body>
</html>

Thatā€™s the result of the dump() code, this shows that there is one page. Was just to debug, so you can remove it again.

Some tips:

1. Set up a development environment locally instead of working on a remote server
  2. Maybe start from a clean slate (Plainkit) rather than the Starterkit
  3. Learn simple debugging techniques for the PHP code (Debugging | Kirby CMS)
  4. Do an entry level PHP tutorial (data types, control structures etc.), it really helps