Error: The JSON response from the API could not be parsed

Is there any way to know why this problem is happening?

Try opening the developer tools in your browser. In most browsers you can right click anywhere on the page and select something like “inspect”. The dev tools will open and there is a tab “console”. Open it and reload the page and try to reproduce the error. The chance is high, that there is a more detailed error message in the console. You can copy it and post it there, then we may be able to help you.

The following message appears on the console.
But this error didn’t happen from the beginning. It started appearing a few days ago.

Did you install any plugins?

There is only one plug-in that I installed. kirby color. I deleted this plug-in after receiving your reply, but there is still a problem.

you are opening the site at solmagazine.net, do I see that correctly? It seems like the panel is trying to reach http://localhost:3123. This may cause the problems. Maybe you set a wrong url anywhere in your config.php?

Yes, the website url is solmagazine.net
And my config is as below.
I’m using English and Korean websites separately.
The English site is ./en and the Korean site is ./kr, but the default url in config did not use a language name.

config.php

<?php

return [
	'languages' => true,
	'date.handler'  => 'strftime',
	'languages.detect' => false,
    'debug' => true,
    'panel' =>[
    'install' => true,
    'url' => 'https://solmagazine.net'
  ]
];

/language/en.php

<?php

return [
  'code' => 'en',
  'default' => true,
  'direction' => 'ltr',
  'locale' => 'en_US',
  'name' => 'English',
  'url' => 'https://solmagazine.net/en',
  'locale'  => [
    LC_ALL      => 'en_US.utf8',
    LC_COLLATE  => 'en_US.utf8',
    LC_MONETARY => 'en_US.utf8',
    LC_NUMERIC  => 'en_US.utf8',
    LC_TIME     => 'en_US.utf8',
    LC_MESSAGES => 'en_US.utf8',
    LC_CTYPE    => 'en_US.utf8'
  ]
];

/language/ko.php

<?php

return [
  'code' => 'ko',
  'default' => false,
  'direction' => 'ltr',
  'locale' => 'ko_KR',
  'name' => 'Korean',
  'url' => 'https://solmagazine.net/kr',
  'locale'  => [
    LC_ALL      => 'ko_KR.utf8',
    LC_COLLATE  => 'ko_KR.utf8',
    LC_MONETARY => 'ko_KR.utf8',
    LC_NUMERIC  => 'ko_KR.utf8',
    LC_TIME     => 'ko_KR.utf8',
    LC_MESSAGES => 'ko_KR.utf8',
    LC_CTYPE    => 'ko_KR.utf8'
  ]
];

In the dev tools, can you open the network tab? The api call that fails should appear there in red (api/pages/pages+…), you can then click on it and see the details. The headers, requests and response may be interesting.

The above issue occurs when I save any text or image (i.e., when saving from all pages, an error screen appears).

The header of the network is as follows:

Is this an error caused by the hosting server?

please post the Response tab, too

Okay, so the answer you get is a simple html page, not an API response. I cannot read the title, but that looks like this page not even comming from kirby? is cafe24 your hoster?

That’s right. My hosting is cafe24.
The title means as follows. “The page’s loading has been delayed.”

Okay, so then it seems like this may be a problem with your hoster. Maybe try getting in contact with their support and check if they can see more details.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply.
Thank you for not giving up on me. I will ask this question to the hosting company.

Try removing the plugin and see if the error persists. I had the same error message with localhost:3123/socket.io with one of the color plugins and replaced it with a different one.

I deleted the color plug-in and deleted the blueprint related to the color plug-in, but the problem still remains.
When I looked at it more closely, not every article had an error. This error occurs only in articles with a lot of images uploaded.
There are 57 images in one article and 120 images in the other. Is it because there are a lot of images?

There is a timeout for scripts/requests set by your hoster, to prevent scripts from running endlessly when there is for example a bug in there causing an endless loop. There are also memory limits for scripts and requests.

Maybe your request is so big, that the timeout or another limit is reached and the script blocked by your hoster.