Blank screen issue when upgrading from 3.5.0 to 3.7.0

It is a plugin for archiving pages and indeed it seems like the old way of doing things doesn’t work so I’m rewriting most of it. I think this answers also the question of the original post.
I still have a few issues during the rewrite. As I’m using dialogs I run into the issue of running submit() in the php code as shown here Panel dialogs | Kirby CMS, while I actually want to handle submission on the frontend side only. However, if I omit the implementation of the submit() function I get the error:

“Error: Your dialog does not define a submit handler”.

Reading the documentation it says that I can also return an array with a Vue.js event. I have done it inside the submit() function: return [ 'event' => 'submitData', 'data' => [ 'foo' => 'bar', ] ];

I’m not so familiar with Vue.js, how should I define the counter-part on Vue.js side so that the event “submitData” is called? Unfortunately I couldn’t find any details regarding the JS side in the documentation and the solution posted in this thread Panel Dialog Submit - Dispatch Vuex Events does not work for me.