Allow structure fields to be used for select fields

Would be great if you could use structure fields as the data query for a select, checkbox, etc field.

This would allow you to build widget or variable entries for subpages (like blog categories, lists for widgets, etc) for blog posts or subpages.

1 Like

+1. I’m actually surprised this is not possible yet. This was the first scenario that come to my mind when exploring the structure field for the first time. Is this on the todo list? :blush:

I would like this feature too. I’m trying to select menu items from a master menu (structure field) to be applied to various food venues on other pages in the panel. I tried to create a custom form field that would look at specific structure field data from a grandchild page, but can’t get it to work :confused:

You may want to take a look at this thread for an example Fetch query from parent page. This version could certainly be optimized to make it more universal, currently it only works with a particular field structure.

As an alternative, you could create a query api as described here: Panel: querying "site.txt" structure fields as pages/subpages fields' values

Thanks for the quick response! I think I’m in a little over my head here with PHP, but should be able to fall back to creating child pages instead of structure elements, although using structure elements for small menu items would be a cleaner UX.