All documentation in the docs

Iā€™m really sorry for simply pulling the forum without a replacement. In this case the first and only reason was time! I was looking for a better alternative to keep the archive but couldnā€™t find a single one that wouldnā€™t take me at least a couple days to setup properly. I had to pull it because people still kept posting stuff there, which I think is leading to really really strange results in general.

I will try to find a better solution this week.

Ok, I put some extra pressure on this this morning as I really donā€™t want to disappoint so many of you with just pulling important stuff. Itā€™s still very rough, but thereā€™s now a fully accessible archive of the old forum including redirects for all the old links. http://getkirby.com/forum/archive I really hope this will help you to find important old content again. Let me know what you think!

3 Likes

Thank you for this. Not need to polish it more imho. Even if the content is mostly outdated, it can still help people who run Kirby v1 sites, and sometimes even help with Kirby 2 issues (e.g. I remember finding out how to translate field labels in the old forum, before it was added to the Docs).

@bastianallgeier I just noticed newer posts are listed last. Would be a lot more useful to have the most recent first :wink:

ups :slight_smile: I just fixed it!

2 Likes

I agree with @Malvese, I think it would be better to have the newest topics first. I miss a search, but then the old search never revealed what I was looking for anyway, so my local copy is much more useful in that respect;) Thanks for taking the time, anyway :smile:

Edit: Sort order was fixed before I could hit the save button ā€¦

Thanks so much! Glad to see the old content has a home :slight_smile: