How to get "zero" sorting in panel?

Thanks @distantnative for your support here.

This forum is indeed intended as a place to discuss issues together and if you find out something is really broken, please head over to Github and post an issue there. I consider Github issues my development todo list. It’s much more like a bug tracker than a discussion platform. Of course dicussions go on there as well around bugs and suggestions, but it’s still much easier to keep track of things there.

I can cross off issues in Github by simply appending “fix #123” (where 123 is the issue id) to my commit messages and the submitter will automatically be notified. This is just one of many magic little things Github makes possible and which make my life easier. The option for any user to send pull requests, which is often used, is another great thing that makes Github invaluable for me during the development process.

I think it’s also better to keep the core development of Kirby separated from implementation issues.

Please also don’t compare Kirby to Drupal or Wordpress. Kirby has reached about 5000 official installs lately. That’s quite a lot and I’m super happy about that, but that also means that there’s no potential community of hundreds of thousands of developers around it (which I think is a good thing) and there’s also not a huge developer group contributing to the core - it’s just me and lately @distantnative has started to help me out to speed things up.

To give you a bit more insights: I spend around 3 hours per day on support. That includes email support, support on Twitter, reading and working on issues on Github and trying to stay up to date here. The new forum software already reduced that from often up to 4 or even 5 hours and still it takes quite a lot of time away from actually working on the core.

So any help keeping stuff separated and helping me keeping the issue list tidy is very much appreciated!

3 Likes